Information and Training Session, Thursday, November 7th, 2:00-4:00pm
Location: Fountain Room in New Columbia, Meet at the Village Market, 4632 N Trenton St
From the beginning, Village Gardens has been a strong community-led program, grown out of the vision and commitment of countless community leaders and champions. As we enter our second decade as a program, we are working to change the way we think about funding our work. We have seen time and again the power of community organizing and community-based solutions in addressing the most pressing issues facing the neighborhoods where we work, and we want to leverage that community power to build a broad grassroots philanthropic base for Village Gardens.
To do this we need your help! By becoming a Village Gardens Grassroots Donor Organizer you will help to shift the way that Village Gardens funds its work in the short and long term – growing strong community-based roots, not just in our programming but in our fundraising as well.
What does a donor organizer do?
- Attend an orientation training at Village Garden on Thursday, November 7th, 2:00-4:00pm.
- Work with other organizers to set your own personal fundraising goal and combined group goals (we have no minimum or maximum goals set – this process is about engaging everyone with energy to do what they can!)
- Learn about grassroots donor organizing, practice asking for money, build your own skills as a grassroots fundraiser, build stronger relationships with the Village Gardens community, and help to spread the word about the work that we are doing.
- Each Donor Organizer will be asked to also make an individual meaningful contribution (to be determined by each person) and ask people in your personal networks to join you in doing the same.
Am I really qualified?
- If you believe in Village Gardens and in empowering communities to build a strong, just, community-led food system, you are qualified!
- If you are interested in and passionate about community-based fundraising, you are qualified!
- If you keep hopes high and believe in the basic goodness of people, you are qualified!
- If you know a few people who would be interested in learning more about Village Gardens, you are qualified!
If you have questions or want more information please contact Amber Baker firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-927-0820. If you are ready to sign-up for the Information Session, please RSVP to Amber as well.