Friday, December 14, 7:00pm to 9:00pm – A delicious, authentic Ethiopian dinner will be available on a $5 to $10 sliding scale!
Join Village Gardens for Seeds to Soul Food, an inspiring opportunity to celebrate and learn about Village Gardens work to create a more just and healthy food system in Portland. The evening will include food and drink, community participant presentations, brief videos highlighting program successes and an opportunity to join our work.
Who: Friends, Partners, Neighbors, Supporters ~ All are welcome!
What: Celebration of Village Gardens work this 2012 season.
- A full Ethiopian dinner will be available on a $5 to $10 sliding scale
- Ethiopian Appetizers, Tea, and Coffee
- An update on Village Gardens progress and vision for 2013.
- Short videos sharing program successes and community leader stories.
- Inspiring testimonials by current Village Gardens gardeners, community leaders, health workers, youth leaders, and other program participants.
- Purchase your very own Village Gardens Soul Food T-shirt! ($15)
Where: New Columbia, CEC, 4625 N Trenton Portland, OR 97203
When: Friday, December 14, 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- 7:00p ~ Reception, Refreshments, Ethiopian Cuisine
- 8:00p ~ Presentation and film screening
Why: Seeds for Soul Food, represents our work at Village Gardens. Each year community leaders, neighbors, partner organizations, funders, and volunteers plant the seeds to grow a more just food system in Portland.
In 2013 Village Gardens plans to focus on Growing a Neighborhood Food Hub: by Supporting families to launch small market garden and farm businesses, creating a community incubator kitchen in partnership with the Village Market community-run health corner store, and establishing a seasonal community street farmers market in New Columbia. The project will support the development of a full-system, comprehensive approach to ensuring a just and thriving neighborhood food economy by supporting vibrant sustainable farms and gardens, healthy people, and strong community relationships. This is real Soul Food.
Join us for an evening of celebrating the seeds of 2012: the passion, dollars, volunteers, sweat, advocacy, and yes, vegetable seeds that made this year a success. Listen to the Soul Food Stories told by community leaders and staff.
Find out how you can join our Village in planting the Seeds for Soul Food in 2013!